Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I'm a DM, now.

I was jittery and a little bit nervouse when I walked up to the counter of Gamer's Haven after tonight's encounter at the store, not sure what the owner would say to this kid who had only been playing for a couple months and was years younger than all the current DMs, would he laugh at my proposition? Tell me to reconsider?

Nope. He handed me a packet, a set of markers, and the character cards with the words, "I was waiting for one of you guys to ask to DM," In reference to my group of friends.

I was still jittery on the car ride home, but now as I sit cross-legged on my bed punching out all of the monster markers, I've calmed down quite a bit. I feel chill, in control, and kind of cool.

I'm going to DM.

What this means for this blog:
No more speculating on the plot points for D&D Encounters, as that would sort of be unfair.
Future posts about D&D Encounters will be from the perspective of the DM, not a player character (but will, of course, be Spoiler Free about future encounters in the campain).

What this means for me:
I cleaned out a drawer as a specific place to put all of my D&D crap, as I'll likely be amassing more of it, and organization has just become a priority.
I need more dice.
I have to find a not-crappy looking way to jerry rig a DM screen by next week, and a good place online where I can buy a DM screen with my Paypal account for later (Paypal being the only place I have that much money stored).
I need to re-read my DM Guide book, this time without as much skimming.

I am nervous. But in a good way. I'm sure this is going to be fun.

1 comment: